Tuesday, September 11, 2007

10 models in 2 minutes...

I started with a still life my wife set up for me to get my mind away from my building.























Actually the clay was too hard to do anything in 12 seconds so I used 30 seconds as my timeline.


Ted,

I'm anticipating a more focused direction with the clay. I've been doing some sketches with the plans but feel the roof structure could define some spaces and lines inside my store. Please let me know what you think of these latest free hand clay models.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Matt,

All I can say is awesome! I think this exercise helped you. It seems like it did in the results. I’m drawn to all of the square shaped ones on the bottom. I think you could experiment with those in your roof design as well as your floor slabs. I think if you utilized the square shaped ones with the twisted planes, etc. and pushed it one step further you will master it. Can the planes in your roof depict your floor plan or vice versa? Maybe the planes in the roof are influenced by the elevation but not literally. Stay the direction you are headed. I think the still life to get away from thinking about the building was a great idea. Kudos to your wife!

-Jaclyn