Saturday, September 29, 2007

Studio Final: Site Analysis

Circulation on our site very clearly defines human interaction with surrounding buildings, vegetation, and pathways.


Analysis of views from our building really insired the design of column shapes and size that help frame these experiences.


Repetition and verticality around Copley Square are very intriguing gestures that define many significant buildings that face our site. Identifying with both the positive and negative space took me down the design road that currently describes my store. One question I had was how to maintain respect for prominent structures sharing the same audience as shoppers at my store.



Studying the textures and shapes found around our site, I was inspired by the patterns, shapes, and voids of shapes. Even a simple rubbing of stone joints create a very interesting negative space.









photos...

No comments: